Jingle as you go for St Albans jog
WATCH out for reindeers on the loose when Grove House holds its first Jingle Bell Jog around Verulamium Lake on December 6. Schoolchildren from Camp JMI School in St Albans are already preparing for the jog which starts at 11am – and they are expected to
WATCH out for reindeers on the loose when Grove House holds its first Jingle Bell Jog around Verulamium Lake on December 6.
Schoolchildren from Camp JMI School in St Albans are already preparing for the jog which starts at 11am - and they are expected to be among several hundred who take part in the event which will see adults dress in Santa suits and children with reindeer antlers.
Camp School mum Caroline Sammon said: "When the Year One mums heard about the Jingle Bell Jog, we thought it sounded great fun and just the thing to burn off some of the children's excited energy in the run-up to Christmas."
She said the school encouraged the children to take part in exercise and pointed out that they had even managed to get some of the dads onboard when they heard that Arena panto star Sarah Jane Honeywell would be starting the jog.
You may also want to watch:
Kathryn Wash, events and fundraising manager for Grove House, said that everyone at the hospice was excited about the event which was aimed at people of all ages from toddlers to grandparents.
She added: "We hope that the event will not only provide a fun morning out for St Albans families but also help raise much-needed funds for the hospice."
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 10 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts
A Christmas market will run alongside the jog and children can visit Father Christmas at his grotto at the Inn on the Park.
The cost of entry, which includes Santa suits and reindeer ears, is �10 per adult, �5 per child or �30 for a family. To book a place either visit www.grove-house.org.uk/jingle or call 01727 731002.