Jingle all the way on Grove House jog!
JINGLE Bell Joggers are limbering up for the Grove House Christmas event which is less than two weeks away. The Jingle Bell Jog is a fun event for all the family and involves a run, jog or walk on a 2km route around the lake suitable for pushchairs or a m
JINGLE Bell Joggers are limbering up for the Grove House Christmas event which is less than two weeks away.
The Jingle Bell Jog is a fun event for all the family and involves a run, jog or walk on a 2km route around the lake suitable for pushchairs or a more strenuous 3k route.
To get in the festive spirit, the adults will be provided with Santa suits while the children will have reindeer ears, flashing noses and jingle bells.
The participants at the event next Saturday, December 6, will be joined by Alban Arena pantomime star Sarah Jane Honeywell.
You may also want to watch:
Father Christmas paid a visit earlier this week to Cuthberts Toys in Christopher Place to stock up on gifts for the grotto which he will set up in the Inn on the Park. Open from 10am to 1pm on the day of the jog, a visit costs �2 a child and includes a gift from Santa. All proceeds will go direct to Grove House.
Organiser Kathryn Wash said: "The Jingle Bell Jog is going to be a great event which everyone from toddlers to grandparents can take part in.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
"We are hoping that the local community really gets behind this event and helps Grove House Hospice raise much-needed funds so we can carry on providing help and support for people living with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses."
Entrance to the Jingle Bell Jog is �10 per adult, �5 per child and �30 for a family of two adults and three children. It includes festive costumes.
Prizes will be on offer for people who raise the most money in sponsorship - everyone who raises over �50 will be entered into a draw to win a family ticket to the Little Mermaid pantomime at the arena including a backstage tour.
To book a Jingle Bell Jog place call 01727 731002 or visit www.jinglebelljog.co.uk