Everyone invited to jigsaw fair in aid of London Colney hedgehog charity
- Credit: Archant
Puzzle-lovers can come and enjoy a jigsaw themed charity get together at a village hall in St Albans.
There will be about one hundred jigsaws for sale at the Jigsaw and Craft Fayre, which is in aid of the London Colney Hedgehog Rescue - a rehabilitation centre for sick and injured hedgehogs.
It is being held at Sandridge Village Hall on October 13, from 10am to 1pm. Organiser Vera Tufnell said: “Come and enjoy an interesting morning and have a chat with friends over tea and coffee.”
There will be refreshments available, as well as a raffle with prizes including a family ticket to Woburn Safari Park, vouchers for The Rex cinema, a piece of work by local artist Clive Patterson, and a meal for two at Shenley’s Café In The Orchard.
Vera’s daughter Lorna added: “It’s a very good cause because hedgehogs are declining and we are still lucky to have a small population of them in St Albans. It would be a massive shame to lose this and never see them again.”
You may also want to watch:
The Jigsaw and Craft Fayre has been held about seven times over the last 12 years.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land