Jewellery taken during Radlett burglary
SEVERAL items of jewellery were taken during a burglary in Radlett last month.
The incident happened in the south of the village, between 12.30pm and 1pm, on Friday September 23.
A man is said to have broken into the house and was in the process of searching for valuables, when the owners returned and disturbed him.
As they walked through the door, the man is then said to have ran past the couple and snatched the woman’s handbag. By doing this, he knocked her to the floor and she received minor injuries.
He made off in the direction on Shenley Hill.
You may also want to watch:
The items taken included; an emerald and gold ring, a turquoise and gold ring, an emerald brooch with a diamond, an amethyst and gold ring, a gold bracelet with charms, a Victorian pearl brooch and a necklace with a blue stone.
Investigator Jordan Carter said: “If anyone recognises any of the items listed, particularly the distinctive charm bracelet and thinks they have seen someone selling them, I would ask them to get in touch.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
She added: “If you saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area at the time of the offence, I would also like to hear from you.”
Anyone with information should call Jordan Carter via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.