Jewellery shop in St Albans ram-raided
BURGLARS ram-raided a jewellery shop in the city centre with a motorbike, stealing a number of valuable items.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and information following the incident at the shop in George Street at around 1.15am on Friday, May 28.
The two culprits rode up to the front door of the shop before smashing it open with the motorbike and stealing a number of items.
The rider, who was wearing a full face helmet, had been waiting outside and he then drove off with his accomplice, who is described as being of a slim build with short, dark curly hair, down the High Street and then into Holywell Hill.
DC Simon Smith from the Local Crime Unit in St Albans is investigating and said: “This occurred in the early hours of the morning and we appreciate not many people will be around but I would ask anyone who has any information about what happened to contact police.
You may also want to watch:
“These thieves made no attempts to hide what they were doing and it is important we catch those responsible. If you saw what happened or believe you saw the men and the bike prior to, or after the incident please contact us.”
Those that can help should call 01727 796056 or, alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden