Jet-skier Jack turns on the style
A JET-SKIING superstar from Herts has been crowned youngest-ever British freestyle champion. Jack Moule, aged just 14, spent his summer travelling around the country for this year s Jet-Ski Freestyle National Tour. After six rounds of show-stopping flip
A JET-SKIING superstar from Herts has been crowned youngest-ever British freestyle champion.
Jack Moule, aged just 14, spent his summer travelling around the country for this year's Jet-Ski Freestyle National Tour. After six rounds of show-stopping flips, spins and barrel-rolls, Jack had accumulated enough points to win both the amateur and professional championships.
Jack, who lives in Markyate, has only been freestyling for 18 months and the competition this summer was the first one he's ever entered for the extreme sport.
His mother Suzan said she was very proud: "He makes the ski look as light as a feather, even though it weighs more than 22 stone! Jack trains in all weathers and absolutely loves the sport and I think he thoroughly deserves the success."
Jack is a pupil at Roundwood Park School in Harpenden where he plays for the rugby, football and cricket teams. He said he loves all sport but jet-skiing was a definite favourite: "It's all about football for most of my friends at school but I wanted to try something different and more extreme."
The young water sports champion hopes to compete in America by 2010, where the world championships are held every year. Suzan, who first encouraged Jack to take up jet-skiing, said the family were excited for his future. "He's already made history as the youngest ever winner of the freestyle national tour and I think he'll go far because he's such a natural.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic