Jessops returns to St Albans city centre
- Credit: Archant
JESSOPS camera store is set to reopen in St Albans just weeks after it was believed to have shut up shop for good.
The branch, located in the Maltings Shopping Centre, will reportedly start trading again at the end of this week.
In January the camera chain collapsed into administration and closed all 187 stores. By the end of the month the brand had been snapped up by Dragons’ Den star Peter Jones and other entrepreneurs.
Maltings manager Phil Corrigan said: “I am extremely happy that a brand such as Jessops is reopening. It is a great position and they are a great destination brand so it is good to have them back.”
Five other former shops across the country are also being relaunched, with a further 30 expected to follow by the end of April.
You may also want to watch:
Administrator PricewatersCoopers was unavailable for comment at the time of going to press.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 Harpenden great-grandad celebrates 100th birthday