Jessops returns to St Albans city centre
- Credit: Archant
JESSOPS camera store is set to reopen in St Albans just weeks after it was believed to have shut up shop for good.
The branch, located in the Maltings Shopping Centre, will reportedly start trading again at the end of this week.
In January the camera chain collapsed into administration and closed all 187 stores. By the end of the month the brand had been snapped up by Dragons’ Den star Peter Jones and other entrepreneurs.
Maltings manager Phil Corrigan said: “I am extremely happy that a brand such as Jessops is reopening. It is a great position and they are a great destination brand so it is good to have them back.”
Five other former shops across the country are also being relaunched, with a further 30 expected to follow by the end of April.
You may also want to watch:
Administrator PricewatersCoopers was unavailable for comment at the time of going to press.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park