Jersey Farm Woodland Park in Sandridge given international award
- Credit: Archant
Jersey Farm Woodland Park in Sandridge has been given an international award for quality.
It is one of 1,797 parks and spaces across the UK to be given a Green Flag award.
Jersey Farm was chosen having demonstrated excellent environmental standards, beautiful maintenance, and excellent visitor facilities.
Chair of the park’s management committee, Cllr Janet Churchard, said: “It is a wonderful open space for bird watching, walking the dog or just getting away from it all.
“As well as guided walks we run a number of volunteer taskforce sessions which provide opportunities to learn new skills such as hedge-laying and coppicing.
You may also want to watch:
“We know how much quality green spaces matter to residents and visitors, and this award celebrates the dedication that goes into maintaining Jersey Farm Woodland Park to such a high standard.”
The Green Flag awards are ran by the Keep Britain Tidy campaign, an environmental charity.
To find out more about the park, visit www.sandridge-pc.gov.uk
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school