Jamie’s Italian to open in St Albans Feb 6
Celebrity chef praises St Albans as a “wonderful location”
CELEBRITY chef Jamie Oliver’s newest Italian restaurant will open in St Albans city centre on Monday February 6.
It is the 25th Jamie’s Italian restaurant to open in the country, and his first in Herts.
Located in the former Bell public house on Chequer Street, the new eaterie stretches over two floors in the Maltings shopping centre.
Simon Blagden, group managing director of Jamie Oliver Restaurants said: “Opening our first Hertfordshire Jamie’s Italian is an exciting new venture for us.
“The Maltings is the ideal location for the restaurant as it is located centrally and offers guests a place to enjoy great food and a relaxing atmosphere after a long day of shopping.”
Phil Corrigan, centre manager at the Maltings said: “The Maltings is extremely proud to open a Jamie’s Italian as it promises to be a fantastic asset to the shopping centre and to St Albans itself.”
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 7 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 10 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
Jamie Oliver said that the eaterie was in a, “wonderful location to eat, I’m sure it will be special.”
More details on Jamie’s Italian opening in St Albans will be in The Herts Ad Thursday February 2.