Jamie’s Italian to open in St Albans Feb 6
Celebrity chef praises St Albans as a “wonderful location”
CELEBRITY chef Jamie Oliver’s newest Italian restaurant will open in St Albans city centre on Monday February 6.
It is the 25th Jamie’s Italian restaurant to open in the country, and his first in Herts.
Located in the former Bell public house on Chequer Street, the new eaterie stretches over two floors in the Maltings shopping centre.
Simon Blagden, group managing director of Jamie Oliver Restaurants said: “Opening our first Hertfordshire Jamie’s Italian is an exciting new venture for us.
“The Maltings is the ideal location for the restaurant as it is located centrally and offers guests a place to enjoy great food and a relaxing atmosphere after a long day of shopping.”
Phil Corrigan, centre manager at the Maltings said: “The Maltings is extremely proud to open a Jamie’s Italian as it promises to be a fantastic asset to the shopping centre and to St Albans itself.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
Jamie Oliver said that the eaterie was in a, “wonderful location to eat, I’m sure it will be special.”
More details on Jamie’s Italian opening in St Albans will be in The Herts Ad Thursday February 2.