Jamie’s Italian to open in St Albans Feb 6
Celebrity chef praises St Albans as a “wonderful location”
CELEBRITY chef Jamie Oliver’s newest Italian restaurant will open in St Albans city centre on Monday February 6.
It is the 25th Jamie’s Italian restaurant to open in the country, and his first in Herts.
Located in the former Bell public house on Chequer Street, the new eaterie stretches over two floors in the Maltings shopping centre.
Simon Blagden, group managing director of Jamie Oliver Restaurants said: “Opening our first Hertfordshire Jamie’s Italian is an exciting new venture for us.
You may also want to watch:
“The Maltings is the ideal location for the restaurant as it is located centrally and offers guests a place to enjoy great food and a relaxing atmosphere after a long day of shopping.”
Phil Corrigan, centre manager at the Maltings said: “The Maltings is extremely proud to open a Jamie’s Italian as it promises to be a fantastic asset to the shopping centre and to St Albans itself.”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
Jamie Oliver said that the eaterie was in a, “wonderful location to eat, I’m sure it will be special.”
More details on Jamie’s Italian opening in St Albans will be in The Herts Ad Thursday February 2.