Jamie Oliver’s events chief moves to Willows Farm in London Colney
THE former general manager for Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen Events has joined the team at Willows Farm Village.
Lucy Thompson’s new role will be to oversee all aspects of the farm village’s catering outlets.
Lucy, 39, originally from North Hertfordshire, will be general manager in charge of food and beverage, and said: “I’m really thrilled to be part of the team here at Willows. It makes such a pleasant change to be surrounded by acres of farmland and the odd tractor rather than traffic fumes and high rise buildings! My day to day job will be ensuring the smooth-running of all the catering outlets on site as well as developing the menu for our customers.
“I am also looking at reducing the impact we have on the environment through recycling and by using our waste products around the farm.”
During her time at Fifteen Events, Lucy oversaw weddings, corporate dinners and charity events, but her real passion in life is food.
You may also want to watch:
“My partner is a chef and I absolutely love food, restaurants and talking about food. I really want children to have fun with food and to learn to cook from an early age. A varied and healthy diet has such a big impact on children’s development and future health that it’s important to get it right.
Lucy is also a keen supporter of local producers and sourcing from the region: “At Willows we have great relationships with local producers who supply our cakes, breads, ice cream and vegetables, while our sausages and burgers are made on-site by Mick our master butcher. The farm shop is a regional hub for a lot of local suppliers and I’m pleased to be a part of that too.”
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
The international hospitality management graduate started out at Earls Court Olympia where she managed catering and conferences before joining contract caterer Sodexho where her clients included Sadlers Wells theatre and CBRE.
In her spare time Lucy is a trustee for East London charity the Swan Foundation which helps to improve the lives of disadvantaged communities in the area.