Jack's full pedal racket
2009: A CYCLING Odyssey describes the long ride 19-year-old Jack Hobbs will be undertaking next month to raise money for Grove House. Jack (right), the grandson of film-maker Stanley Kubrick who lived at Childwickbury, is being joined by his school friend
2009: A CYCLING Odyssey describes the long ride 19-year-old Jack Hobbs will be undertaking next month to raise money for Grove House.
Jack (right), the grandson of film-maker Stanley Kubrick who lived at Childwickbury, is being joined by his school friend Marcus Farnfield to undertake the 874-mile John O'Groats to Lands End ride.
Jack said: "This is the first time I've done a major fundraising event and I'm really hoping to raise loads of money for Grove House. The hospice is such an important local charity and the work it does helping people cope with life-threatening illness is invaluable."
Jack is taking a gap year before going to the University of West England to read creative music production: "This is turning into a really busy year. In between writing music to prepare for my course in October, I'm training really hard. We're hoping to average 70 miles each day so that we can complete the entire route in less than two weeks."
You may also want to watch:
The ride begins on Saturday, July 28, and to help Jack raise his �1,000 target visit www.justgiving.com/jackhobbs
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development