Jack's full pedal racket
2009: A CYCLING Odyssey describes the long ride 19-year-old Jack Hobbs will be undertaking next month to raise money for Grove House. Jack (right), the grandson of film-maker Stanley Kubrick who lived at Childwickbury, is being joined by his school friend
2009: A CYCLING Odyssey describes the long ride 19-year-old Jack Hobbs will be undertaking next month to raise money for Grove House.
Jack (right), the grandson of film-maker Stanley Kubrick who lived at Childwickbury, is being joined by his school friend Marcus Farnfield to undertake the 874-mile John O'Groats to Lands End ride.
Jack said: "This is the first time I've done a major fundraising event and I'm really hoping to raise loads of money for Grove House. The hospice is such an important local charity and the work it does helping people cope with life-threatening illness is invaluable."
Jack is taking a gap year before going to the University of West England to read creative music production: "This is turning into a really busy year. In between writing music to prepare for my course in October, I'm training really hard. We're hoping to average 70 miles each day so that we can complete the entire route in less than two weeks."
The ride begins on Saturday, July 28, and to help Jack raise his �1,000 target visit www.justgiving.com/jackhobbs
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival