Jack O’Lantern jackanapes at St Albans farm
Willows Farm holds special pumpkin festival in run-up to Hallowe’en
A PUMPKIN-TASTIC day out for all is promised at Willows Farm Village when their Pumpkin Festival commences on Saturday.
Pumpkin olympics, pumpkin carving and a pumpkin hunt are just some of the activities on offer to visitors until October 31.
Over 10,000 pumpkin seeds were sown across four acres of field this season and all children visiting the farm will be invited to pick their own pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. They can either carve their pumpkin at the farm and enter their creation into the daily competition taking place with prizes up for grabs, or they can take it home.
Willows farmer, Andrew Wolfe said: “It’s been an excellent season for growing pumpkins on the farm.
“We’re looking forward to the pumpkin-mania and seeing the different creations carved out of pumpkins by the children.
“But my favourite thing of all is seeing the smallest children choosing the largest of pumpkins and to help them take it home we even provide a special pumpkin bag.”
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 4 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 5 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 6 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 10 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
As well as a fun-day of programmed activities, families can take part in the pumpkin obstacle race, the roll-a-pumpkin competition and the pumpkin relay races as part of the Willows Pumpkin Olympics, which take place at 3pm every day.
For more information about the Pumpkin Festival, call 08701299718 or visit the website at www.willowsfarmvillage.com