Jack O’Lantern jackanapes at St Albans farm
Willows Farm holds special pumpkin festival in run-up to Hallowe’en
A PUMPKIN-TASTIC day out for all is promised at Willows Farm Village when their Pumpkin Festival commences on Saturday.
Pumpkin olympics, pumpkin carving and a pumpkin hunt are just some of the activities on offer to visitors until October 31.
Over 10,000 pumpkin seeds were sown across four acres of field this season and all children visiting the farm will be invited to pick their own pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. They can either carve their pumpkin at the farm and enter their creation into the daily competition taking place with prizes up for grabs, or they can take it home.
Willows farmer, Andrew Wolfe said: “It’s been an excellent season for growing pumpkins on the farm.
“We’re looking forward to the pumpkin-mania and seeing the different creations carved out of pumpkins by the children.
“But my favourite thing of all is seeing the smallest children choosing the largest of pumpkins and to help them take it home we even provide a special pumpkin bag.”
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 9 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 10 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
As well as a fun-day of programmed activities, families can take part in the pumpkin obstacle race, the roll-a-pumpkin competition and the pumpkin relay races as part of the Willows Pumpkin Olympics, which take place at 3pm every day.
For more information about the Pumpkin Festival, call 08701299718 or visit the website at www.willowsfarmvillage.com