ITV’s Daybreak weather hosted from Chiswell Green’s Butterfly World
TV weather presenter Lucy Verasamy caused quite a flutter when she gave her early morning forecasts for ITV’s Daybreak at Butterfly World in Chiswell Green on Monday.
The programme wanted to link an item about actor Orlando Bloom’s mother, who has written a book about butterflies, with the St Albans attraction which has already exceeded 70,000 visitors this summer.
But it meant an early start for both Lucy, the camera crew and staff at Butterfly World because the filming began just before 4.30am.
Lucy was filmed in the Butterfly House and from 5.45am onwards, six weather forecasts came from the attraction.
Angela Harkness, chief executive of the Butterfly World project, said: “They wanted somewhere where they could see butterflies and they thought the Butterfly House would be great.”
You may also want to watch:
She said that Lucy had been charmed by the kaleidoscope of colour offered by the hundreds of tropical butterflies – even the large Atlas Moths which landed on her.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Marford Road, Coleman Green Lane, Wheathampstead: Motorists hospitalised after crash
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans