ITV Fined For Celebrity Rat Killing
ITV has been fined nearly �1,700 after local celebrity chef Gino D Acampo killed a rat as part of a reality TV show. The chef, who has a business in Radlett, was later crowned king of the jungle in the hit show I m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! He kill
ITV has been fined nearly �1,700 after local celebrity chef Gino D'Acampo killed a rat as part of a reality TV show.
The chef, who has a business in Radlett, was later crowned king of the jungle in the hit show I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!
He killed the animal when he was on rations in the exile camp and ate it with fellow contestant and actor Stuart Manning.
The RSPCA fined ITV 3,000 Australian dollars for the incident which it considered to be animal cruelty.
You may also want to watch:
An ITV spokesperson said: "ITV has apologised for the mistake which led to this incident. The production was unaware that killing a rat could be an offence, criminal or otherwise in New South Wales, and accepts that further enquiries should have been made.
"This was an oversight and we have since thoroughly reviewed our procedures and are putting in place a comprehensive training programme to ensure that this does not happen in future series.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End