ITV Fined For Celebrity Rat Killing
ITV has been fined nearly �1,700 after local celebrity chef Gino D Acampo killed a rat as part of a reality TV show. The chef, who has a business in Radlett, was later crowned king of the jungle in the hit show I m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! He kill
ITV has been fined nearly �1,700 after local celebrity chef Gino D'Acampo killed a rat as part of a reality TV show.
The chef, who has a business in Radlett, was later crowned king of the jungle in the hit show I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!
He killed the animal when he was on rations in the exile camp and ate it with fellow contestant and actor Stuart Manning.
The RSPCA fined ITV 3,000 Australian dollars for the incident which it considered to be animal cruelty.
You may also want to watch:
An ITV spokesperson said: "ITV has apologised for the mistake which led to this incident. The production was unaware that killing a rat could be an offence, criminal or otherwise in New South Wales, and accepts that further enquiries should have been made.
"This was an oversight and we have since thoroughly reviewed our procedures and are putting in place a comprehensive training programme to ensure that this does not happen in future series.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall