Is St Albans footpath breeding trouble?
A CYCLE footpath in St Albans continues to remain a magnet for troublemakers according to residents who live nearby. A Linden Crescent resident, who doesn t wish to be named, returned home from his brother s funeral earlier this month to find that four o
A CYCLE footpath in St Albans continues to remain a magnet for troublemakers according to residents who live nearby.
A Linden Crescent resident, who doesn't wish to be named, returned home from his brother's funeral earlier this month to find that four of his bedroom windows and the windows of his mini-greenhouse had been smashed.
The resident, who lives next to the Alban Way cycle footpath, the former railway line between St Albans and Hatfield, said that he believed people who hung out on the cycle path late at night were to blame for the damage to his property.
His neighbour, who also did not wish to be named, said that he too had suffered problems with Alban Way vandals: "I've been woken many times by people screaming and shouting on the Alban Way path but there is still no sign of any police presence. Why can't they have regular patrols over here? Something needs to be done but nothing ever is."
You may also want to watch:
PC Paul Beecher from the St Albans Safer Neighbourhood Team said: "We're aware of the problems in this area and are continuing to keep an eye on the situation with regular patrols though the day and night."
He added: "Unfortunately, we can't be there all of the time but would ask members of the public to call us if they do witness any further trouble and we will do everything we can to tackle those responsible.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district