Is St Albans footpath breeding trouble?
A CYCLE footpath in St Albans continues to remain a magnet for troublemakers according to residents who live nearby. A Linden Crescent resident, who doesn t wish to be named, returned home from his brother s funeral earlier this month to find that four o
A CYCLE footpath in St Albans continues to remain a magnet for troublemakers according to residents who live nearby.
A Linden Crescent resident, who doesn't wish to be named, returned home from his brother's funeral earlier this month to find that four of his bedroom windows and the windows of his mini-greenhouse had been smashed.
The resident, who lives next to the Alban Way cycle footpath, the former railway line between St Albans and Hatfield, said that he believed people who hung out on the cycle path late at night were to blame for the damage to his property.
His neighbour, who also did not wish to be named, said that he too had suffered problems with Alban Way vandals: "I've been woken many times by people screaming and shouting on the Alban Way path but there is still no sign of any police presence. Why can't they have regular patrols over here? Something needs to be done but nothing ever is."
You may also want to watch:
PC Paul Beecher from the St Albans Safer Neighbourhood Team said: "We're aware of the problems in this area and are continuing to keep an eye on the situation with regular patrols though the day and night."
He added: "Unfortunately, we can't be there all of the time but would ask members of the public to call us if they do witness any further trouble and we will do everything we can to tackle those responsible.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development