Ironman Matt’s French Challenge for St Albans hospice
A PERSONAL endurance challenge in Nice has turned into a fundraiser for Grove House.
Local father of two, Matt Houlden, set himself a special target this year – to complete the Nice Ironman Challenge. He said: “This is the first time I’ve ever attempted to do anything like this. It started as a personal challenge – probably a bit of mid-life crises really!”
“As I told friends, they all suggested I do it to raise money for Grove House so that’s what’s going to happen.”
Matt, accompanied by his wife, Rachel, will be travelling to Nice on June 27 to take part in the challenge which consists of swimming 2.4 miles, cycling 112 miles and then immediately running 26.2 miles.
To sponsor Matt and help him raise as much money as possible for Grove House visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MattHoulden or follow him on his blog http://matthoulden.blogspot.com/
You may also want to watch:
Grove House, Director of Fundraising Paul Parrish will be completing his own Ironman Challenge this year, The Outlaw, based in Nottingham on August 8.
To support Paul visit http://www.justgiving.com/PaulParrish-Outlaw-Ironman and to follow his blog www.grove-house.org.uk/Blog
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
If you would like to take up a challenge to support Grove House, give Liz a ring on 01727 731008 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk