Ironman Matt’s French Challenge for St Albans hospice
A PERSONAL endurance challenge in Nice has turned into a fundraiser for Grove House.
Local father of two, Matt Houlden, set himself a special target this year – to complete the Nice Ironman Challenge. He said: “This is the first time I’ve ever attempted to do anything like this. It started as a personal challenge – probably a bit of mid-life crises really!”
“As I told friends, they all suggested I do it to raise money for Grove House so that’s what’s going to happen.”
Matt, accompanied by his wife, Rachel, will be travelling to Nice on June 27 to take part in the challenge which consists of swimming 2.4 miles, cycling 112 miles and then immediately running 26.2 miles.
To sponsor Matt and help him raise as much money as possible for Grove House visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MattHoulden or follow him on his blog http://matthoulden.blogspot.com/
You may also want to watch:
Grove House, Director of Fundraising Paul Parrish will be completing his own Ironman Challenge this year, The Outlaw, based in Nottingham on August 8.
To support Paul visit http://www.justgiving.com/PaulParrish-Outlaw-Ironman and to follow his blog www.grove-house.org.uk/Blog
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
If you would like to take up a challenge to support Grove House, give Liz a ring on 01727 731008 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk