Invitation to pro-EU events across St Albans and Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Anti-Brexit campaigners are urging fellow Remainers to attend some pro-EU events.
St Albans for Europe (SAFE) is holding an open meeting with author of Article 50 and former UK EU-ambassador, Lord Kerr.
He will speak about the ongoing negotiations and the potential to take a U-turn on the UK’s current course out of the European Union.
After Lord Kerr has spoken and taken questions, SAFE will lead a session on how to lobby MPs and debate effectively.
Additionally, the group is intending to set up a stall on Harpenden High Street as part of a nationwide Action Day.
They will be around between 10am and 4pm on January 27.
Lord Kerr’s talk will take place at Marlborough Road Methodist Church on January 24, from 7.30pm. Doors open at 7pm and a donation for the event is requested. Reserve a ticket here.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star