Invitation to pro-EU events across St Albans and Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Anti-Brexit campaigners are urging fellow Remainers to attend some pro-EU events.
St Albans for Europe (SAFE) is holding an open meeting with author of Article 50 and former UK EU-ambassador, Lord Kerr.
He will speak about the ongoing negotiations and the potential to take a U-turn on the UK’s current course out of the European Union.
After Lord Kerr has spoken and taken questions, SAFE will lead a session on how to lobby MPs and debate effectively.
Additionally, the group is intending to set up a stall on Harpenden High Street as part of a nationwide Action Day.
You may also want to watch:
They will be around between 10am and 4pm on January 27.
Lord Kerr’s talk will take place at Marlborough Road Methodist Church on January 24, from 7.30pm. Doors open at 7pm and a donation for the event is requested. Reserve a ticket here.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan