Invitation to pro-EU events across St Albans and Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Anti-Brexit campaigners are urging fellow Remainers to attend some pro-EU events.
St Albans for Europe (SAFE) is holding an open meeting with author of Article 50 and former UK EU-ambassador, Lord Kerr.
He will speak about the ongoing negotiations and the potential to take a U-turn on the UK’s current course out of the European Union.
After Lord Kerr has spoken and taken questions, SAFE will lead a session on how to lobby MPs and debate effectively.
Additionally, the group is intending to set up a stall on Harpenden High Street as part of a nationwide Action Day.
You may also want to watch:
They will be around between 10am and 4pm on January 27.
Lord Kerr’s talk will take place at Marlborough Road Methodist Church on January 24, from 7.30pm. Doors open at 7pm and a donation for the event is requested. Reserve a ticket here.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans