Investigations launched after bin fire leads to gas leak

INVESTIGATIONS are underway after a bin fire in the garden of a St Albans home spread and caused a gas leak.

The blaze began on Saturday (March 3) at around 4.30pm and quickly spread to the back door and guttering of the Manston Way property.

Firefighters brought the blaze under control but because gas pipes were damaged, further support was required from the gas company.

Nobody was hurt but the kitchen was damaged by smoke from the fire.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus