Investigation underway after three injured at St Albans firework display
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of the biggest firework display in the district are investigating reports that flares allegedly went into the crowd.
St Albans Cathedral, which organises the Verulamium Park Firework display, have announced they are investigating an incident which occurred at the display on Saturday (5).
Users on various local Facebook groups reported that flares shot into the crowd during the show; even into the hood of the coat of one of the onlookers.
St Albans Cathedral released a statement about the event, confirming that three people sustained minor injuries and shock.
Two were treated by the St John’s Ambulance on site and one was taken to hospital and discharged later the same evening.
You may also want to watch:
Hayley Lewis, a spokeswoman for the Cathedral, said: “We have contacted the people concerned and are working closely with the fireworks operators, the Event Safety officers and the organisers to establish what happened. We will provide an update in due course.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital