Investigation underway after three injured at St Albans firework display
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of the biggest firework display in the district are investigating reports that flares allegedly went into the crowd.
St Albans Cathedral, which organises the Verulamium Park Firework display, have announced they are investigating an incident which occurred at the display on Saturday (5).
Users on various local Facebook groups reported that flares shot into the crowd during the show; even into the hood of the coat of one of the onlookers.
St Albans Cathedral released a statement about the event, confirming that three people sustained minor injuries and shock.
Two were treated by the St John’s Ambulance on site and one was taken to hospital and discharged later the same evening.
You may also want to watch:
Hayley Lewis, a spokeswoman for the Cathedral, said: “We have contacted the people concerned and are working closely with the fireworks operators, the Event Safety officers and the organisers to establish what happened. We will provide an update in due course.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge