St Albans Instapug Pearl joins charity raffle event
- Credit: Archant
St Albans-based celebrity Instapug, Pearl, who has nearly 40,000 followers on the social media platform, is supporting a charity raffle on behalf of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
The pug initially rose to fame due to her involvement in charity fundraising events with dogs as a selling point.
Pearl, who uses the account @misspearlypug, will be joining 26 other pugs on Saturday onboard a Santa steam train passing through Epping.
The money will be donated to help 11-year-old Jack, who suffers from brain tumours, fulfil his dream of riding in a luxurious first class cabin on the Caledonian Sleeper train. The team have so far raised £1,267, nearly meeting their £1,300 goal to help Jack achieve his wish.
Pearl's owner, Kelly Burke said: "We love organising events for our pug friends and what better way to give back than by raising money for such a wonderful charity.
You may also want to watch:
"Companies have been so generous in donating prizes for our raffle and the whole dog community has pulled together to raise such a fab amount."
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge