St Albans Instapug Pearl joins charity raffle event
- Credit: Archant
St Albans-based celebrity Instapug, Pearl, who has nearly 40,000 followers on the social media platform, is supporting a charity raffle on behalf of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
The pug initially rose to fame due to her involvement in charity fundraising events with dogs as a selling point.
Pearl, who uses the account @misspearlypug, will be joining 26 other pugs on Saturday onboard a Santa steam train passing through Epping.
The money will be donated to help 11-year-old Jack, who suffers from brain tumours, fulfil his dream of riding in a luxurious first class cabin on the Caledonian Sleeper train. The team have so far raised £1,267, nearly meeting their £1,300 goal to help Jack achieve his wish.
Pearl's owner, Kelly Burke said: "We love organising events for our pug friends and what better way to give back than by raising money for such a wonderful charity.
You may also want to watch:
"Companies have been so generous in donating prizes for our raffle and the whole dog community has pulled together to raise such a fab amount."
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 5 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Colney Heath claim first Southern League win with Hertford success