Injured Schoolgirl Dies In Hospital
A SCHOOLGIRL involved in a road traffic accident in Bricket Wood on Friday has died. Police confirmed this afternoon (Tuesday) that the 15-year-old, who was hit by a car on the A405 near the junction with Chequers Lane, lost her battle for life in hospita
A SCHOOLGIRL involved in a road traffic accident in Bricket Wood on Friday has died.
Police confirmed this afternoon (Tuesday) that the 15-year-old, who was hit by a car on the A405 near the junction with Chequers Lane, lost her battle for life in hospital yesterday.
The girl, who lives in Bricket Wood, suffered serious injuries in the incident last week and was taken to St Mary's Hospital in London before being transferred to Charing Cross Hospital, where she died.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information about the accident, which happened at around 3.45pm as the silver Peugeot 207 travelled northbound towards St Albans.
Anyone with information should contact Pc Ian Breacher, a serious traffic incident investigator, via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 9 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing