Industry accolades for Westminster Lodge leisure centre operator
- Credit: Archant
Everyone Active, which operates Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre in St Albans, is celebrating after scooping multiple accolades at a prestigious industry awards night.
The ukactive and Matrix Flame Awards are the health and fitness sector’s largest celebration of innovation and excellence, and this year saw Everyone Active taking home three awards.
The most coveted accolade of the night, Operator of the Year, was presented to the sports and leisure provider in recognition of its continuously high levels of performance across the organisation. It is the fourth time Everyone Active has achieved this title, having won the award on the three consecutive occasions in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
The company also picked up awards for other centres elsewhere in the country.
The Flame Awards recognise leisure centres, health clubs, group operators and individuals that have demonstrated exceptional standards across all areas of the operation.
Managing director of sports and leisure management at Everyone Active, David Bibby, said: “We are absolutely delighted to have achieved the status of Operator of the Year for the fourth time.
“All of our staff from across the company strive to give customers the best service and experience possible, and I’m very proud that their hard work and dedication has been recognised by others in the sector.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 9 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 10 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
“Everyone Active has expanded rapidly in recent years, and now manages more than 140 leisure facilities and cultural services across the country. As we grow, we are determined to bringing first-class facilities to more communities across the country and ensure we help as many people as possible to get active.”