Industry accolades for St Albans motor dealership
IN the most challenging economic period in living memory for the UK motor industry, a St Albans dealership has shown its mettle by not only improving its business performance but also investing in its workforce, which has put it in the running for three major industry awards.
Having bucked the trend experienced by national car retailers, Brayley Honda, located on Hatfield Road, has been shortlisted for the prestigious title of UK Franchised Dealership of the Year, as part of the annual automotive industry awards organised by Motor Trader magazine.
The company’s service advisor Andy Doust has also been shortlisted for Service Advisor of the Year, selected from among 5,000 dealerships in the UK. The ceremony will be held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London during July.
In recognition of its culture for continuing professional development and diversity, Brayley Honda is also a finalist for the East of England Business in the Community Positive Work Life Award. This will be presented at a regional gala event at Hengrave Hall, near Bury St Edmunds, next month.
Employing staff aged from 16 to 74, Brayley Honda’s St Albans dealership was established only seven years ago, but has already invested �250,000 in its premises during 2009 and increased sales of new cars year on year.
You may also want to watch:
Founder and managing director Paul Brayley said: “All of us are delighted at this recognition which is testament to the team’s hard work and focus on our key principle – ‘to treat every customer as a guest in our home, every day, without fail, no exceptions’. Our philosophy of good, traditional customer service together with a desirable product line-up has allowed us to cement our long-term commitment to the St Albans area and we will be flying the flag for the town at the forthcoming awards ceremonies.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans