Industry accolades for St Albans motor dealership
IN the most challenging economic period in living memory for the UK motor industry, a St Albans dealership has shown its mettle by not only improving its business performance but also investing in its workforce, which has put it in the running for three major industry awards.
Having bucked the trend experienced by national car retailers, Brayley Honda, located on Hatfield Road, has been shortlisted for the prestigious title of UK Franchised Dealership of the Year, as part of the annual automotive industry awards organised by Motor Trader magazine.
The company’s service advisor Andy Doust has also been shortlisted for Service Advisor of the Year, selected from among 5,000 dealerships in the UK. The ceremony will be held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London during July.
In recognition of its culture for continuing professional development and diversity, Brayley Honda is also a finalist for the East of England Business in the Community Positive Work Life Award. This will be presented at a regional gala event at Hengrave Hall, near Bury St Edmunds, next month.
Employing staff aged from 16 to 74, Brayley Honda’s St Albans dealership was established only seven years ago, but has already invested �250,000 in its premises during 2009 and increased sales of new cars year on year.
You may also want to watch:
Founder and managing director Paul Brayley said: “All of us are delighted at this recognition which is testament to the team’s hard work and focus on our key principle – ‘to treat every customer as a guest in our home, every day, without fail, no exceptions’. Our philosophy of good, traditional customer service together with a desirable product line-up has allowed us to cement our long-term commitment to the St Albans area and we will be flying the flag for the town at the forthcoming awards ceremonies.”
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans