Independent voted onto St Stephen’s Parish Council
VOTERS took to the polls yesterday (November 15) to elect a new parish councillor for Park Street.
Independent candidate Nicholas Tyndale was named the winner of the by-election after receiving 436 votes.
Mr Tyndale, who represents the Park Street Residents Association, said: “I am delighted and really pleased that the people of Park Street felt the same way about keeping party politics out of parish council level decisions, and I am going to do my best to serve the village.”
He added: “My wife and I have lived here for five years and we have really come to value the community and I want to do what I can to preserve that.
“I am really interested in engagement and information and making people aware of what the parish does and what the opportunities for them to get involved are.”
You may also want to watch:
Lib Dem candidate David Parry polled in second place with 367 votes. He was followed by Labour’s Josh Molloy who received 114 votes, while independent candidate Merc Beszant gained 95.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans