InBetweeners star Simon Bird presents prize at St Albans music and sport festival
A FAMOUS face joined crowds at a St Albans music and sports festival last month, which managed to raise �14,000.
InBetweeners’ star Simon Bird, who plays Will in the E4 comedy, attended the second Rob’s Festival held at Beaumont School in memory of former pupil and entrepreneur, Rob Williams, who died in a snowboarding accident while on holiday over two years ago.
More than 500 people attended the event which was organised by 40 sixth formers, staff, friends of Rob and the Beaumont School Association.
The team of sixth formers were responsible for organising all the staging, music, dance acts, marketing and stalls for the day.
The festival included a sporting competition with activities such as touch rugby, rounders and dodgeball.
You may also want to watch:
Musicians from eight bands and two dance groups then took to the stage to provide entertainment for both competitors and supporters.
Actor Simon, who had come along with a friend, helped lift the winner’s trophy along with teammates from Kiss My Pass, who triumphed in the sporting events.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
Rob’s Festival was started by a group of ex-Beaumont students after Rob’s tragic death in March 2009.
The �14,000 raised on the day will go to the Rob Williams Enterprise Fund – a memorial fund set up by The Prince’s Trust to support young enterprise – and to the school.
A great supporter of The Prince’s Trust and ambassador for the Government’s Make Your Mark initiative, Rob was interested in giving young people the opportunity to establish themselves in the business world.
The date for next year’s festival is already set – Saturday, June 30, 2012. To enter a sports team or perform on stage, email firstname.lastname@example.org