More than 300 people attend inaugural volunteering fair in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A new fair to celebrate everything volunteering was held for the first time in St Albans.
More than 300 people went to the Volunteering and Community Fair at the Alban Arena to find out about 45 local charities searching for helpers.
The event was run by Community Central, a local charity which supports all the other charities in the district.
Volunteer centre manger at Community Central, Tom Curtis, said: “Over the course of a year we usually see around 500 local people, so meeting 300 potential volunteers in one day was terrific.
“Most people left clutching a sheaf of information about local groups with which they can volunteer and many were astonished to learn about the amazing work being carried out by local charities for local people”.
You may also want to watch:
Find out more about volunteering at a regular Count Me In event on the second Wednesday of each month from 9.30am to 4pm at the Beech House in St Albans.
Alternatively, call 01727 814644 or contact Tom.Curtis@communitycentral.org.uk
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre