Ice warning following St Albans crash
A WOMAN was trapped in her car this morning (Tuesday) after it skidded on ice and overturned.
The accident along Bedmond Lane happened at around 7.20am and firefighters cut her free of the vehicle, a Toyota Rav 4.
A St Albans firefighter said it appeared that the woman had skidded on some ice near to the Holybush Pub and mounted the bank which caused the car to overturn.
Another driver raised the alarm following the accident and police were called upon to close the road.
Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “On out arrival, the car was on its side and the occupant was trapped. Ambulance clinical operations manager Robert Grogan was able to get into the car and stabilise the patient whilst the fire service cut the door off.
You may also want to watch:
“After an hour the woman was freed and conveyed to Watford General Hospital with minor injuries.”
He added: “We are urging the public to take care driving this morning. There are a lot of icy roads throughout Hertfordshire and we have received several calls to road crashes due to this.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common