Hunt for witnesses after assault in Frogmore, near St Albans
A MAN was struck in the back with a long tyre iron during an assault in Frogmore, and police are now appealing for two people who are believed to have witnessed the attack to come forward.
The victim – a 28-year-old Watford man – had become involved in a heated argument with another man in Frogmore, close to Home Park. at 6.30pm on Wednesday July 18.
During the row the other man struck the victim in the with the tyre iron, and a scuffle then took place during which the offender bit and injured the victim’s ear.
Police believe a man and a woman saw part or all of the incident and tried to intervene after the woman walked out of the security gates of Frogmore Home Park. Their intervention allowed the victim to escape.
Det Con Rebecca Primrose, from the Local Crime Unit in St Albans, said: “We are particularly keen to speak to the two people who are believed to have witnessed the altercation.
You may also want to watch:
“Despite making inquiries we have so far been unable to speak to them. They may have information that is vital to our investigation.”
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
*A 37-year-old man from Croxley Green has been arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning GBH and has been released on police bail while investigations continue.