Hunt for witnesses after assault in Frogmore, near St Albans
A MAN was struck in the back with a long tyre iron during an assault in Frogmore, and police are now appealing for two people who are believed to have witnessed the attack to come forward.
The victim – a 28-year-old Watford man – had become involved in a heated argument with another man in Frogmore, close to Home Park. at 6.30pm on Wednesday July 18.
During the row the other man struck the victim in the with the tyre iron, and a scuffle then took place during which the offender bit and injured the victim’s ear.
Police believe a man and a woman saw part or all of the incident and tried to intervene after the woman walked out of the security gates of Frogmore Home Park. Their intervention allowed the victim to escape.
Det Con Rebecca Primrose, from the Local Crime Unit in St Albans, said: “We are particularly keen to speak to the two people who are believed to have witnessed the altercation.
“Despite making inquiries we have so far been unable to speak to them. They may have information that is vital to our investigation.”
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 8 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
- 9 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
*A 37-year-old man from Croxley Green has been arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning GBH and has been released on police bail while investigations continue.