Hunt for witnesses after assault in Frogmore, near St Albans
A MAN was struck in the back with a long tyre iron during an assault in Frogmore, and police are now appealing for two people who are believed to have witnessed the attack to come forward.
The victim – a 28-year-old Watford man – had become involved in a heated argument with another man in Frogmore, close to Home Park. at 6.30pm on Wednesday July 18.
During the row the other man struck the victim in the with the tyre iron, and a scuffle then took place during which the offender bit and injured the victim’s ear.
Police believe a man and a woman saw part or all of the incident and tried to intervene after the woman walked out of the security gates of Frogmore Home Park. Their intervention allowed the victim to escape.
Det Con Rebecca Primrose, from the Local Crime Unit in St Albans, said: “We are particularly keen to speak to the two people who are believed to have witnessed the altercation.
You may also want to watch:
“Despite making inquiries we have so far been unable to speak to them. They may have information that is vital to our investigation.”
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid
*A 37-year-old man from Croxley Green has been arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning GBH and has been released on police bail while investigations continue.