Hunt for verbally abusive man in Harpenden
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man verbally abused a woman out shopping with her daughter in Harpenden.
The public order incident in Church Green took place on November 1 just after 4pm and involved a parking dispute.
A woman parked and got out of her vehicle with her child when she was approached by the man who followed them.
The suspect is described as a white man aged in his 40s or 50s with short grey hair and a slim build.
He was wearing a long-sleeved dark coloured top, possibly maroon in colour and blue jeans. He was also carrying something white in his hand.
Sergeant James Twitchett from the safer neighbourhood team said: “Understandably the incident left the woman and her daughter shocked and I am appealing for any witnesses to contact me.
“We have been making inquiries and know that there were a number of people around at the time of the incident either in the street or in shops. If this was you, please contact me.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 8 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 10 The Midwich Cuckoos: Keeley Hawes on Sky's gripping new drama adapted from John Wyndham’s sci-fi novel
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.