Hunt for verbally abusive man in Harpenden
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man verbally abused a woman out shopping with her daughter in Harpenden.
The public order incident in Church Green took place on November 1 just after 4pm and involved a parking dispute.
A woman parked and got out of her vehicle with her child when she was approached by the man who followed them.
The suspect is described as a white man aged in his 40s or 50s with short grey hair and a slim build.
He was wearing a long-sleeved dark coloured top, possibly maroon in colour and blue jeans. He was also carrying something white in his hand.
Sergeant James Twitchett from the safer neighbourhood team said: “Understandably the incident left the woman and her daughter shocked and I am appealing for any witnesses to contact me.
“We have been making inquiries and know that there were a number of people around at the time of the incident either in the street or in shops. If this was you, please contact me.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.