Hunt for robbers after victim held down in Harpenden home
- Credit: Archant
A victim was held on their sofa while a pair of robbers held them down and two others searched the property and then stole cash on Monday.
Police are appealing for witnesses after the four men entered the address in Breadcroft Lane at around 6.30pm.
The incident is believed to be linked to a theft at another property in the street on the same day where cash was stolen after thieves forced open the front door.
Det Con Kieran Doyle, who is investigating, said: “I would like to stress that incidents of this nature are very rare.
“Although he was not hurt, the victim has been left very distressed by what happened.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone saw anything or anyone suspicious in the area around the time of the burglary I would urge them to get in contact with me.
“I would particularly like to speak to anyone who saw three stocky white men, together with a taller skinny man, or any suspicious vehicles in the vicinity.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
“I’m also keen to speak to any residents who were cold called either on that day or in the days prior to the burglaries taking place.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Doyle via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.