Hundreds of cards selling for 60 charities in St Albans and Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of Christmas cards and festive necessities are being sold in Harpenden and St Albans in aid of a plethora of good causes.
There will be advent calendars, candles, wrapping paper, napkins and stocking fillers on sale.
At the Harpenden shop, there will be cards depicting two local scenes captured by members of the Harpenden Photographic Society - Paul Johnson and Brian Cooke.
Money raised from the sales is being donated to 60 different charities, including the Alzheimer’s Society, RNLI and Cancer Research UK.
In Harpenden Cards for Good Causes is in the United Reform church on the corner of Vaughan Road and Victoria Road, at the triangular red Santa sign.
You may also want to watch:
It is open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm, or Saturdays 9.30am to 3.30pm, until December 12.
The St Albans shop is in the Cathedral and is open 10am till 4pm Monday to Friday, 10am to 3.30pm on Saturday, and 1pm to 4.45pm on Sunday, until December 14.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge