Hundreds of cards selling for 60 charities in St Albans and Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of Christmas cards and festive necessities are being sold in Harpenden and St Albans in aid of a plethora of good causes.
There will be advent calendars, candles, wrapping paper, napkins and stocking fillers on sale.
At the Harpenden shop, there will be cards depicting two local scenes captured by members of the Harpenden Photographic Society - Paul Johnson and Brian Cooke.
Money raised from the sales is being donated to 60 different charities, including the Alzheimer’s Society, RNLI and Cancer Research UK.
In Harpenden Cards for Good Causes is in the United Reform church on the corner of Vaughan Road and Victoria Road, at the triangular red Santa sign.
You may also want to watch:
It is open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm, or Saturdays 9.30am to 3.30pm, until December 12.
The St Albans shop is in the Cathedral and is open 10am till 4pm Monday to Friday, 10am to 3.30pm on Saturday, and 1pm to 4.45pm on Sunday, until December 14.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital