Annual St Peter’s Church summer fair returns to St Albans
- Credit: Archant
An annual family friendly summer fair will take place as usual in a St Albans city centre churchyard this weekend (June 17).
St Peter’s Church will host charity stalls selling toys, plants, bric-a-brac, Fairtrade goods, novelties, beauty products, cake, and gifts, alongside face painting, games and prizes.
Pony rides, giant puppets and a bouncy castle will entertain the little ones, and bottle tombola with a Pimms bar can preoccupy adults.
Barbecue food and ice cream will be available and live music will be performed by the Global Harmony Choir, Fleetville Community Choir, and Chris Flegg’s jazz band.
The bar has been provided courtesy of The Peacock on Hatfield Road.
You may also want to watch:
It will be opened at about 11am by the new mayor of St Albans, Iqbal Zia, and all proceeds will go to charity.
The event is open from 10.30am to 3.30pm in the churchyard.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land