Annual St Peter’s Church summer fair returns to St Albans
- Credit: Archant
An annual family friendly summer fair will take place as usual in a St Albans city centre churchyard this weekend (June 17).
St Peter’s Church will host charity stalls selling toys, plants, bric-a-brac, Fairtrade goods, novelties, beauty products, cake, and gifts, alongside face painting, games and prizes.
Pony rides, giant puppets and a bouncy castle will entertain the little ones, and bottle tombola with a Pimms bar can preoccupy adults.
Barbecue food and ice cream will be available and live music will be performed by the Global Harmony Choir, Fleetville Community Choir, and Chris Flegg’s jazz band.
The bar has been provided courtesy of The Peacock on Hatfield Road.
You may also want to watch:
It will be opened at about 11am by the new mayor of St Albans, Iqbal Zia, and all proceeds will go to charity.
The event is open from 10.30am to 3.30pm in the churchyard.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25