Two golf days swing funds Rennie Grove’s way
- Credit: Archant
Two very well supported local golf days have each raised an impressive amount of money for Rennie Grove Hospice Care.
More than 100 players participated in the Rotary Club of St Albans Verulamium charity golf day that took place at the Verulam Golf Club. The event raised an amazing £5,100 for Rennie Grove.
The golf day is an annual event that has been running for over 10 years and the organisers are keen to encourage more people to join the “regulars” next year. A special thank you goes to Norman Jelley who has been organising this successful event for many years.
Another substantial sum was raised for Rennie Grove at the 14th annual golf day organised by Mike and Sarah Hodge and their colleagues that took place at Aldwickbury Park Golf Club in Harpenden. 25 teams participated on the day raising a whopping £12,000.
And although Mike has handed over responsibility for the organisation of golf days from 2019 and beyond, he will continue in his role of auctioneer and lead the popular end of evening sing-song that rounds off the event so well each year.
You may also want to watch:
Gemma Ralph, senior community fundraiser at Rennie Grove said: “A big thank you to the Rotary Club of St Albans Verulamium and to Mike and Sarah Hodge for all the hard work they have put into organising these two events and for the fantastic sums of money they and their supporters have raised for Rennie Grove.
“Golf days are a great way of supporting our charity whilst enjoying your favourite sport at the same time. We have several of golfing events over the year in a range of locations so please visit www.renniegrove.org/golf to find all the details about where and when they are taking place.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital