Thameslink record “best ever” customer satisfaction scores
- Credit: Archant
Thameslink has recorded its highest customer satisfaction scores, according to an independent passenger watchdog.
Transport Focus recorded 83 per cent of 1,089 respondents said in Autumn 2017 they were overall satisfied with their journey, 10 per cent higher than last Autumn.
The majority of respondents, the number of which varied by criteria, reported they were satisfied with Thameslink’s punctuality, the level of crowding, and value for money.
Thameslink passenger services director Stuart Cheshire said: “The hard work our staff are putting into the Thameslink service shows in these latest results.
“New spacious trains, many with 50 per cent more carriages, and a real focus on punctuality and customer service has made a profound difference and passengers are starting to notice.
“This year, we’ll be improving the service still further through our RailPlan 20/20 modernisation programme.
“In the next few months we’ll be lengthening even more eight-carriage services to 12-coaches and, in May, Thameslink trains will return to London Bridge, cutting journey times to Gatwick and Brighton and opening up new routes via the Jubilee line to Canary Wharf.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 10 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
“We’ll have new fast services from Bedford and Luton and more trains at many stations in the peak providing much greater capacity.”