Thameslink record “best ever” customer satisfaction scores
- Credit: Archant
Thameslink has recorded its highest customer satisfaction scores, according to an independent passenger watchdog.
Transport Focus recorded 83 per cent of 1,089 respondents said in Autumn 2017 they were overall satisfied with their journey, 10 per cent higher than last Autumn.
The majority of respondents, the number of which varied by criteria, reported they were satisfied with Thameslink’s punctuality, the level of crowding, and value for money.
Thameslink passenger services director Stuart Cheshire said: “The hard work our staff are putting into the Thameslink service shows in these latest results.
“New spacious trains, many with 50 per cent more carriages, and a real focus on punctuality and customer service has made a profound difference and passengers are starting to notice.
You may also want to watch:
“This year, we’ll be improving the service still further through our RailPlan 20/20 modernisation programme.
“In the next few months we’ll be lengthening even more eight-carriage services to 12-coaches and, in May, Thameslink trains will return to London Bridge, cutting journey times to Gatwick and Brighton and opening up new routes via the Jubilee line to Canary Wharf.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
“We’ll have new fast services from Bedford and Luton and more trains at many stations in the peak providing much greater capacity.”