Thameslink record “best ever” customer satisfaction scores
- Credit: Archant
Thameslink has recorded its highest customer satisfaction scores, according to an independent passenger watchdog.
Transport Focus recorded 83 per cent of 1,089 respondents said in Autumn 2017 they were overall satisfied with their journey, 10 per cent higher than last Autumn.
The majority of respondents, the number of which varied by criteria, reported they were satisfied with Thameslink’s punctuality, the level of crowding, and value for money.
Thameslink passenger services director Stuart Cheshire said: “The hard work our staff are putting into the Thameslink service shows in these latest results.
“New spacious trains, many with 50 per cent more carriages, and a real focus on punctuality and customer service has made a profound difference and passengers are starting to notice.
You may also want to watch:
“This year, we’ll be improving the service still further through our RailPlan 20/20 modernisation programme.
“In the next few months we’ll be lengthening even more eight-carriage services to 12-coaches and, in May, Thameslink trains will return to London Bridge, cutting journey times to Gatwick and Brighton and opening up new routes via the Jubilee line to Canary Wharf.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Green light given to new hospital project
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 10 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
“We’ll have new fast services from Bedford and Luton and more trains at many stations in the peak providing much greater capacity.”