House evacuated in London Colney fire

PUBLISHED: 10:50 11 November 2009 | UPDATED: 14:39 06 May 2010

TWO London Colney residents were forced to evacuate their home yesterday following a kitchen fire. A St Albans fire engine was called to the Birch Way property just after 12.30pm on Tuesday after one of the residents discovered clouds of smoke in the kitc

TWO London Colney residents were forced to evacuate their home yesterday following a kitchen fire.

A St Albans fire engine was called to the Birch Way property just after 12.30pm on Tuesday after one of the residents discovered clouds of smoke in the kitchen.

The fire had already been extinguished when the firefighters arrived, but both residents were evacuated whilst the crew ventilated the building for smoke.

No-one was hurt in the incident which was said to be accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser