Hotel's long walk for charity
SOPWELL House Hotel staff and country club members have been walking around the clock to raise money for Grove House. The annual Walkathon took place earlier this month in the St Albans hotel s country club and saw entrants walking, strolling or running f
SOPWELL House Hotel staff and country club members have been walking around the clock to raise money for Grove House.
The annual Walkathon took place earlier this month in the St Albans hotel's country club and saw entrants walking, strolling or running for 24 hours to boost hospice funds.
They eventually raised more than �800 for Grove House, beating last year's total by an impressive �500.
Sopwell House's group operations director Charles Morgan supported the event as he does every year, taking part in the Walkathon and even running for the final hour.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Sopwell House and its members are extremely proud to be able to support Grove House, particularly in these difficult economic times. To increase our contribution to them this year by the extent that we have been able to do shows huge dedication from all those taking part and supporting the cause."
During the evening country club members and guests were invited to a complimentary cheese and wine evening which was also kindly sponsored by Sopwell House.
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans