Hotel's long walk for charity
SOPWELL House Hotel staff and country club members have been walking around the clock to raise money for Grove House. The annual Walkathon took place earlier this month in the St Albans hotel s country club and saw entrants walking, strolling or running f
SOPWELL House Hotel staff and country club members have been walking around the clock to raise money for Grove House.
The annual Walkathon took place earlier this month in the St Albans hotel's country club and saw entrants walking, strolling or running for 24 hours to boost hospice funds.
They eventually raised more than �800 for Grove House, beating last year's total by an impressive �500.
Sopwell House's group operations director Charles Morgan supported the event as he does every year, taking part in the Walkathon and even running for the final hour.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Sopwell House and its members are extremely proud to be able to support Grove House, particularly in these difficult economic times. To increase our contribution to them this year by the extent that we have been able to do shows huge dedication from all those taking part and supporting the cause."
During the evening country club members and guests were invited to a complimentary cheese and wine evening which was also kindly sponsored by Sopwell House.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans