Hot-footing it at St Albans pub’s fundraising night
A FIERY challenge to test only the bravest souls is being held at a pub in St Albans to raise cash for charity later this month.
The King Harry pub will host the firewalking event next Saturday, February 12, after the snow fall last month caused the event to be cancelled. Now, willing participants are being encouraged to come forward and get sponsored in time.
The event, organised by BLAZE, is to raise money for Brain Tumour UK in memory of a young man from St Albans who died in July last year.
Alex Robinson, who worked in the pub, was just 19 when he was diagnosed with a brain tumour last April. Since his death his parents, Mark and Jackie, have worked tirelessly to raise cash for a charity that is obviously very important to them.
The firewalking event follows hot on the heels of a successful Twilight-themed Halloween party Mark and Jackie organised last October, which not only raised cash for the charity but gave many of Alex’s friends and family a chance to remember the young man they all miss.
You may also want to watch:
All participants will receive training before they walk over 20ft of hot coals burning at 1,236 degrees fahrenheit in front of their friends and family. Everyone who takes part will have to raise a minimum of �30 in sponsorship.
To find out more, contact the King Harry pub on 01727 846 904.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
To donate money to Mark and Jackie’s fundraising page, visit: www.justgiving.com/alexrobinson19.