Hot-footing it at St Albans pub’s fundraising night
A FIERY challenge to test only the bravest souls is being held at a pub in St Albans to raise cash for charity later this month.
The King Harry pub will host the firewalking event next Saturday, February 12, after the snow fall last month caused the event to be cancelled. Now, willing participants are being encouraged to come forward and get sponsored in time.
The event, organised by BLAZE, is to raise money for Brain Tumour UK in memory of a young man from St Albans who died in July last year.
Alex Robinson, who worked in the pub, was just 19 when he was diagnosed with a brain tumour last April. Since his death his parents, Mark and Jackie, have worked tirelessly to raise cash for a charity that is obviously very important to them.
The firewalking event follows hot on the heels of a successful Twilight-themed Halloween party Mark and Jackie organised last October, which not only raised cash for the charity but gave many of Alex’s friends and family a chance to remember the young man they all miss.
You may also want to watch:
All participants will receive training before they walk over 20ft of hot coals burning at 1,236 degrees fahrenheit in front of their friends and family. Everyone who takes part will have to raise a minimum of �30 in sponsorship.
To find out more, contact the King Harry pub on 01727 846 904.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
To donate money to Mark and Jackie’s fundraising page, visit: www.justgiving.com/alexrobinson19.