Hot-footing it at St Albans pub’s fundraising night
A FIERY challenge to test only the bravest souls is being held at a pub in St Albans to raise cash for charity later this month.
The King Harry pub will host a firewalking event on December 18 and willing participants are being encouraged to come forward and get sponsored in time. The event, organised by BLAZE, is to raise money for Brain Tumour UK in memory of a young man from St Albans who died in July this year.
Alex Robinson, who worked in the pub, was just 19 when he was diagnosed with a brain tumour in April. Since his death his parents, Mark and Jackie, have worked tirelessly to raise cash for a charity that is obviously very important to them.
The firewalking event follows hot on the heels of a successful Twilight-themed Halloween party Mark and Jackie organised in October, which not only raised cash for the charity but gave many of Alex’s friends and family a chance to remember the young man they all miss.
All participants will receive training before they walk over 20 feet of hot coals burning at 1,236 degrees fahrenheit in front of their friends and family. Everyone who takes part will have to raise a minimum of �30 in sponsorship.
To find out more, contact the King Harry pub on 01727 846 904.
To donate money to Mark and Jackie’s fundraising page, visit: www.justgiving.com/alexrobinson19.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery