Hospice charity thanks St Albans supporters for 2018 fundraising
- Credit: Archant
A charity has thanked its 2018 supporters after extreme weather could not stop the tide of fundraising.
Rennie Grove Hospice Care has thanked everyone who braved the cold, heat, and rain to raise money for its 24/7 Hospice at Home, Family Support and day services provided by the charity.
Extreme Weather Drivers in 4x4s helped the charity’s nurses to reach their patients during the Beast from the East in March, in July 350 runners waded through 30C heat around an inaugural 5K Farm Run course, and joggers taking part in the Herts 10K this October had to battle through torrential rain.
There were numerous events throughout the year, including Christmas present collections, St Albans Band Aid, an Make a Will Month.
Chief executive at Rennie Grove, Stewart Marks, said: “I’d like to thank all our supporters and fundraisers for everything they have done throughout the year for Rennie Grove Hospice Care, a cause that is clearly close to many people’s hearts.
You may also want to watch:
“Your efforts and dedication are both impressive and humbling. Each contribution – large or small – is valued and important to everyone at Rennie Grove as we continue to provide support and nursing care to thousands of local patients with life-limiting illness and their families.
“We really couldn’t do it without you.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
“I hope you can look back on a year of fond memories of fundraising and involvement, knowing that you have all made a big difference to people in our community that need our care and support.”
Visit www.renniegrove.org to find out more about the charity.