Hospice needs Harpenden heroes to join in fundraising 5K
- Credit: Archant
They’re holding out for heroes at our local children’s hospice, with entry now open for the third annual Superhero 5K.
Sign-up today and walk, run or fly around Harpenden’s Rothamsted Park on Sunday May 17 in aid of Keech Hospice.
The event starts at 11am and is designed for all ages and abilities. Participants are simply asked to dress up as their favourite superhero, get sponsored, and complete the 5K traffic-free course.
Last year saw over 230 people otake part raising a super £21,000.
Keech is the local children’s hospice for Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes and last year supported and cared for 244 children and their families.
You may also want to watch:
This year the hospice will need £2.5 million to provide its current level of care and 70 per cent of this will be made up of voluntary donations from the community. In Hertfordshire only one in three children are receiving the hospice care they deserve. With additional support from the community, the hospice wants to expand its services across the county to ensure all these families receive the care and support they need, when they need it the most.
Registration is £10 for adults and £5 for children aged 16 or under. All participants are asked to raise additional sponsorship.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
On completion of the 5K, entrants will receive a superhero medal and goody bag.
For more information about the Superhero 5K visit www.keech.org.uk/superhero or call 01582 707940.