Hospice looking for St Albans residents for epic charity trek
- Credit: Archant
A hospice is urging intrepid volunteers from St Albans to take part in a charity trek.
The Hospice of St Francis in Berkhamsted is looking for people to take part in its latest fundraising trek across the Sahara Desert from Friday, November 10 to Friday, November 17.
Lucy Taylor, from St Albans, has just returned from the hospice’s recent trek to China. She said: “I lost my dad John Lawrence in the Hospice back in June 2014.
“He had been ill for some time and the Hospice of St Francis was truly amazing. Nothing was ever a problem, there was nothing my dad ever wanted for.
“It was by far the most difficult achievement I have done in my life but I would recommend to anyone who fancies a challenge. I have the best memories I could ever wish for!”
To book your place at the Open Evening email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01442 869555 or for more information visit www.stfrancis.org.uk/treksahara
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 9 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing