Hospice looking for St Albans residents for epic charity trek
- Credit: Archant
A hospice is urging intrepid volunteers from St Albans to take part in a charity trek.
The Hospice of St Francis in Berkhamsted is looking for people to take part in its latest fundraising trek across the Sahara Desert from Friday, November 10 to Friday, November 17.
Lucy Taylor, from St Albans, has just returned from the hospice’s recent trek to China. She said: “I lost my dad John Lawrence in the Hospice back in June 2014.
“He had been ill for some time and the Hospice of St Francis was truly amazing. Nothing was ever a problem, there was nothing my dad ever wanted for.
“It was by far the most difficult achievement I have done in my life but I would recommend to anyone who fancies a challenge. I have the best memories I could ever wish for!”
You may also want to watch:
To book your place at the Open Evening email email@example.com or call 01442 869555 or for more information visit www.stfrancis.org.uk/treksahara
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant