Hospice debut at seaside run
FOR the first time ever Grove House has secured 10 places in next year’s Brighton Marathon – a brand-new event which took place for the first time last April.
Next year’s marathon will take place on Sunday, April 10, and is set to attract 10,000 runners. The course is relatively flat with fabulous views of Brighton and the finish line is at the iconic Brighton Pier.
Grove House has bought 10 places for the new marathon so local people will have the opportunity to be part of a great new event and raise money for the hospice.
St Albans mother of two, Sue McKinnon, who took part in this year’s run, has already signed up for next year’s event.
Sue said: “I really enjoyed completing my first-ever marathon; the course was simply fantastic with wonderful sea views most of the way.
“The organisation was excellent, this is still a relatively small event and everyone is very friendly, I’m already signed up to run for Grove House next year and would encourage anyone interested in running to do so too!”
Entrants will be asked to raise a minimum of �750 in sponsorship to secure a place. For more information and an application form contact Liz Hizli on 01727 731008 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
For more information about the course and the race visit www.brightonmarathon.co.uk