Hopping to it for record attempt at St Albans school
- Credit: Archant
Being legless proved a big draw for around 500 people on Saturday who were hoping to hop their way into a Guinness world record .
They gathered at Alban City School in Hatfield Road to try and break the record for the largest number of people simultaneously hopping on one leg.
The current record is held by a group in Japan, who managed 376 people, but organiser and Alban City PTA member, Louise Restell, is confident they have clinched the title.
She said: “We had over 500 people join in. I don’t know what I expected, but I was marshalling people into the grounds and I thought I was going to have to go to the market in search of more people.
“It went really, really well. Unofficially we got enough people but we have to wait for the official results. There were a number of stewards and cameras there to judge if all the people were doing it properly.”
You may also want to watch:
Hoppers enjoyed extra activities following the event including a barbecue, Easter Egg Hunt, Spot the Bunny, a chocolate tombola, face painting and a cake stall,
Louise added: “There was an amazing atmosphere, the day was really incredible. All in all it went very well; we just have to hope that we did everything right.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public