Hooded mugger grabs woman with buggy in Harpenden alleyway
A WOMAN who was pushing a buggy through an alleyway was grabbed from behind and threatened by a man on Monday evening. The incident happened shortly before 6pm along the alleyway that links Coleswood Road to Linwood Road in Harpenden. The attacker demand
A WOMAN who was pushing a buggy through an alleyway was grabbed from behind and threatened by a man on Monday evening.
The incident happened shortly before 6pm along the alleyway that links Coleswood Road to Linwood Road in Harpenden.
The attacker demanded his victim hand over money but when she began to scream, he ran off in the direction of Coleswood Road.
He is described as about 5ft 10ins tall and of stocky build, wearing dark clothing and a dark hoodie. He was reported to have had a damp musty smell about him.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Pc Neil Pugh said: "This was a very distressing ordeal for the woman to have gone through and we are treating this incident very seriously."
He urged anyone who witnessed the incident or had any information to get in touch with police through the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images