Home needed for St Albans kittens
ST ALBANS: Three kittens need a stable new home in exchange for some light mousework.
Missy and her two tabby brothers Topsy and Tippy are around six months old and although they are used to having humans around, they are not completely happy and are now too old to tame completely.
As a result St Albans Cat Protection (CP) is looking for a stable or farmyard home with an enclosed hay barn where they will be warm in winter – and can keep small rodents away.
The trio, who came into the care of CP after their long-term stray mother gave birth on a golf course, have been neutered and are fully vaccinated and wormed.
A spokesperson said: “They are happy to have humans around and will come for food but don’t want to be cuddled. They like to observe what is going on from afar.”
They are currently being kept in a pen which they are rapidly outgrowing. Food and litter would be provided for the first few months and anyone who is interested in adopting them should contact St Albans CP on 0845 3712064 or visit the website www.stalbans.cats.org.uk
n St Albans owner Paula Harper has entered her charismatic cat Dizzee Rascal into a nationwide competition from Gourmet to find Britain’s ultimate 5 Star Feline.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 8 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
She said: “When I saw this competition I just had to enter Dizzee Rascal. He is as much of a performer as his namesake and to keep our pampered pet happy we bought him his own aquarium so he can while away the hours watching the fish swim by.”
The competition closes next Sunday, September 4, with the finalists and winning cat being announced in September and October respectively.