Holocaust Memorial Day event being held in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A service to commemorate victims of the Holocaust and other genocides is being held in St Albans on Saturday, January 27.
Residents are invited to join district mayor Mohammad Iqbal Zia and watch memorial candles be lit.
Cllr Zia said: “Holocaust Memorial Day is a time to remember the victims of the Holocaust as well as subsequent genocides around the world.”
Kim Stern will talk about the 732 child survivors known as ‘The Boys’ who were rehomed in various countries after the Second World War.
Sophie Shad will talk about her short film, Kitty’s Fortune, about the first night a local woman spent in Auschwitz.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is asked to bring a button for a project aiming to collect 1.5 million buttons, one for each child killed in the Holocaust.
To find out the time and venue, email email@example.com or call 01727 819544 by Monday, January 22.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
- 10 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building