Holocaust Memorial Day event being held in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A service to commemorate victims of the Holocaust and other genocides is being held in St Albans on Saturday, January 27.
Residents are invited to join district mayor Mohammad Iqbal Zia and watch memorial candles be lit.
Cllr Zia said: “Holocaust Memorial Day is a time to remember the victims of the Holocaust as well as subsequent genocides around the world.”
Kim Stern will talk about the 732 child survivors known as ‘The Boys’ who were rehomed in various countries after the Second World War.
Sophie Shad will talk about her short film, Kitty’s Fortune, about the first night a local woman spent in Auschwitz.
Everyone is asked to bring a button for a project aiming to collect 1.5 million buttons, one for each child killed in the Holocaust.
To find out the time and venue, email email@example.com or call 01727 819544 by Monday, January 22.
- 1 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 'Outstanding' qualities continue success story of St Albans secondary school