Holocaust Memorial Day event being held in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A service to commemorate victims of the Holocaust and other genocides is being held in St Albans on Saturday, January 27.
Residents are invited to join district mayor Mohammad Iqbal Zia and watch memorial candles be lit.
Cllr Zia said: “Holocaust Memorial Day is a time to remember the victims of the Holocaust as well as subsequent genocides around the world.”
Kim Stern will talk about the 732 child survivors known as ‘The Boys’ who were rehomed in various countries after the Second World War.
Sophie Shad will talk about her short film, Kitty’s Fortune, about the first night a local woman spent in Auschwitz.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is asked to bring a button for a project aiming to collect 1.5 million buttons, one for each child killed in the Holocaust.
To find out the time and venue, email email@example.com or call 01727 819544 by Monday, January 22.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25