Hole in one for 11-year-old at Redbourn Golf Club
YOUNG Aiden Barker has achieved a feat which some of the world’s greatest golfers have never managed – a hole in one.
Aiden, 11, popped his ball into the heart of the green at Redbourn Golf Club during a junior group coaching session.
His father Doug Bradon, who lives in St Albans, said: “Aiden was the first to look in the hole as we all walked up to the green and when he saw his ball he was quite excited – he was jumping up and down and making quite a commotion.”
Aiden and his dad often play the Redbourn course and Doug added: “Aiden’s been playing golf since he was five years old and is a very good player. He regularly scores the same as me on the par-three course and has even beaten me on occasions.”
James Sawford, the club’s PGA professional, added: “We knew Aiden’s ball was close but because of the flag position we couldn’t see it from the tee.
You may also want to watch:
“It was only when we got to the green and Aiden looked at the hole that we had confirmation he had scored an ace.”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25