Hole in one for 11-year-old at Redbourn Golf Club
YOUNG Aiden Barker has achieved a feat which some of the world’s greatest golfers have never managed – a hole in one.
Aiden, 11, popped his ball into the heart of the green at Redbourn Golf Club during a junior group coaching session.
His father Doug Bradon, who lives in St Albans, said: “Aiden was the first to look in the hole as we all walked up to the green and when he saw his ball he was quite excited – he was jumping up and down and making quite a commotion.”
Aiden and his dad often play the Redbourn course and Doug added: “Aiden’s been playing golf since he was five years old and is a very good player. He regularly scores the same as me on the par-three course and has even beaten me on occasions.”
James Sawford, the club’s PGA professional, added: “We knew Aiden’s ball was close but because of the flag position we couldn’t see it from the tee.
You may also want to watch:
“It was only when we got to the green and Aiden looked at the hole that we had confirmation he had scored an ace.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park