Holby City star’s delight at recovery of friend’s dog
- Credit: photo supplied
Holby City actress Rosie Marcel cried tears of joy after a friend’s dog which went missing after being hit by a car was found alive four days later.
Rosie, who lives in St Albans, approached the Herts Advertiser on Tuesday to publicise missing Tilly, a brown and white three year old crossbreed, on its website.
The pet was taken for a walk through Heartwood Forest in Sandridge at midday on Saturday when she suddenly darted away after seeing horses. Although struck by a passing car, Tilly continued to run.
A search party was launched, with the stable at Sandridgebury, local farmers and dog owners rallying to help. Then yesterday Rosie and Tilly’s owners, Jane and Bruce Roberts, were thrilled to hear the dog had been found limping near Tesco in Jersey Farm.
The actress, who owns two basset hounds, said: “It’s amazing news. It’s your worst nightmare, that your dog could go missing. I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who helped.”
You may also want to watch:
Tilly’s owners have also thanked the many residents who joined the search and particularly two local women who found and looked after the dog.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25