Holby City star’s delight at recovery of friend’s dog
- Credit: photo supplied
Holby City actress Rosie Marcel cried tears of joy after a friend’s dog which went missing after being hit by a car was found alive four days later.
Rosie, who lives in St Albans, approached the Herts Advertiser on Tuesday to publicise missing Tilly, a brown and white three year old crossbreed, on its website.
The pet was taken for a walk through Heartwood Forest in Sandridge at midday on Saturday when she suddenly darted away after seeing horses. Although struck by a passing car, Tilly continued to run.
A search party was launched, with the stable at Sandridgebury, local farmers and dog owners rallying to help. Then yesterday Rosie and Tilly’s owners, Jane and Bruce Roberts, were thrilled to hear the dog had been found limping near Tesco in Jersey Farm.
The actress, who owns two basset hounds, said: “It’s amazing news. It’s your worst nightmare, that your dog could go missing. I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who helped.”
You may also want to watch:
Tilly’s owners have also thanked the many residents who joined the search and particularly two local women who found and looked after the dog.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall