Holby City films in St Albans
THERE were no sirens but plenty of drama on Monday when hit BBC show Holby City came to St Albans.
The crew set up their cameras, rigging and lighting inside The Bride on George Street where filming took place.
Actress Tina Hobley who plays ward sister Chrissie Williams in the medical series was spotted inside the shop.
Tina’s character Chrissie has been dating Dr Dan Hamilton, an orthopaedic surgeon, who is struggling to come to terms with his sexuality. Recent magazine interviews with Tina suggest it is unlikely the couple will remain together but Monday’s filming may suggest a brief engagement is on the cards.
One short scene was filmed outside The Bride with others filmed inside. Prepping for the shoot began at 6am and filming started at 8am, finishing at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Star of DIY SOS, another hit BBC show, Billy Byrne (pictured below) was on location where he helped to create some of the set.
It’s the second week that St Albans has been the location of choice for film crews eager to capture some of the area’s picturesque charm.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development