Holby City films in St Albans
THERE were no sirens but plenty of drama on Monday when hit BBC show Holby City came to St Albans.
The crew set up their cameras, rigging and lighting inside The Bride on George Street where filming took place.
Actress Tina Hobley who plays ward sister Chrissie Williams in the medical series was spotted inside the shop.
Tina’s character Chrissie has been dating Dr Dan Hamilton, an orthopaedic surgeon, who is struggling to come to terms with his sexuality. Recent magazine interviews with Tina suggest it is unlikely the couple will remain together but Monday’s filming may suggest a brief engagement is on the cards.
One short scene was filmed outside The Bride with others filmed inside. Prepping for the shoot began at 6am and filming started at 8am, finishing at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Star of DIY SOS, another hit BBC show, Billy Byrne (pictured below) was on location where he helped to create some of the set.
It’s the second week that St Albans has been the location of choice for film crews eager to capture some of the area’s picturesque charm.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'