Hitting the streets to raise funds for St Albans hospice
GROVE House says a big thank you to everyone who took part in sponsored walks and runs this year.
Thousands of people once again put on their trainers in aid of Grove House Hospice, whether wearing a Santa Suit, Flashing Pink ears or simply in running gear, you are one of Grove House Hospice’s heroes.
Paul Parrish, fundraising director, said: “I want to add my personal thanks to everyone who has either taken part or volunteered in one of our sponsored events. The atmosphere at all the events has been truly amazing and demonstrates that we live in a wonderful place where the community comes out in force to support people who are in need of the specialist care and support that is on offer here all year round at Grove House.”
The 2010 events gave Grove House hospice some really memorable and moving moments including watching the team from Darcy’s Restaurant crossing the finishing line at the Midnight Walk only days after their colleague, Kate, had passed away from cancer.
More amusing sights include watching Elvis run the Herts 10K and seeing the Stig compete in the same event and the Jingle Bell Jog. Just who is the Grove House mystery Stig?
You may also want to watch:
So far the Midnight Walk, Herts 10K and Jingle Bell Jog have between them raised almost �200,000. Sponsorship money is still coming in to the hospice from all the events.
Events and fundraising manager Jane Divito said: “It is never too late to send in your sponsorship money; every �1 really does make a difference. We know from previous years that there are usually a few people who discover sponsorship money tucked away that they have forgotten about. And if you promised to sponsor a friend and didn’t manage to pass on the money then why not send in your donations direct to the hospice?”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
Grove House is already making plans for the 2011 events. The Midnight Walk will take place on Saturday, June 25, and the Herts 10K will take place on Sunday, October 9.
Registration for both events is now open at www.midnightwalk.org and www.herts10k.com